“Before Adomik our Programmatic team used to pull the data from our monetization partners into an excel file, to pivot the data, chart it and start doing the analysis. With Adomik, we stopped wasting time on data collection to feed our advertising report, now we can finally spend our time in analysis with the right insights. “
Principal Product Manager
Problem and Challenges
Header Bidding Adoption
Cox Automotive began implementing their header bidding wrapper in Q3 2018, auctioning their inventory not only in Google Adx but also in other exchanges such as Appnexus and Open X. Hence, They soon realized that:
- It was hard and time consuming to collect data from different sources.
- The data they were getting from different exchanges was in a different format with different granularity: some provided data by format, some provided data by advertisers.
- They had a lot of data but it was difficult to obtain useful and actionable insights for their business.
In a few words, they started to deal with a problem that concerns all big publishers: multiple monetization sources, multiple tools, multiple channels.
Cox Automotive’s Programmatic team found Adomik to be just what they were looking for. Designed for a complex Ad stack, the Adomik Platform could collect their data from all monetization partners, consolidate it, enrich it and make it available in a single holistic dashboard.
Cox Automotive has been using Adomik’s REPORT and MANAGE products since September 2018 to address those challenges. Since then Adomik has helped to:
- Access consolidated & accurate data for Cox Automotive digital advertising activity across their full stack: Direct, Header, Native, Guaranteed, PMP, Search, Programmatic reporting.
- Harmonize their SSP data thanks to Adomik robust mapping engines with zero discrepancy.
- Carry out side-by-side comparison of CPM by advertiser cross transaction types to identify revenue
trends at the most granular level.
- Access year-on-year advertising report comparisons, as Report has up to a 24-month history.
- Improve teams’ efficiency with custom reporting.
- Monitor campaign efficiency and buyer behaviour across SSPs (Supply Path Optimization).
- Assess and adapt their pricing strategy across products and platforms.
- Collect data in their data lake, financial IS, and BI tools for case-specific reporting and analysis.
With Adomik REPORT, Cox Automotive’s Programmatic Team gets a holistic view of each of their SSPs’ data in their stack, all within one platform, instead of interchanging throughout multiple interfaces.
Within the tool they can filter their searches with a number of different dimensions so that they can target just the right information they’d like to analyze.